Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Accreditation is a process in which certification of competency, authority, or credibility is presented.
Organizations that issue credentials or certify third parties against official standards are themselves formally accredited by accreditation bodies (such as UKAS); hence they are sometimes known as "accredited certification bodies". The accreditation process ensures that their certification practices are acceptable, typically meaning that they are competent to test and certify third parties, behave ethically, and employ suitable quality assurance.
One example of accreditation is the accreditation of testing laboratories and certification specialists that are permitted to issue official certificates of compliance with established standards, such as physical, chemical, forensic, quality, and security standards.
Fields that involve accreditation Edit
Accreditation processes are used in a wide variety of fields. Those ofinterset to psychologists include:
- Accredited Registrar
- Educational accreditation
See also Edit
- Accreditation Council (disambiguation)
- Professional certification Professional accreditation
- Professional licencing
- Quality assurance
- School accreditation
- Standards organization
- Verification and Validation
- ↑ Systems Engineering Fundamentals. Defense Acquisition University Press, 2001
- ↑ USDA ISO Guide 65 Program Accreditation for Certification Bodies, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, August 9, 2007
- ↑ Accreditation of Certification Bodies, Forest Stewardship Council website (accessed January 25, 2008)
- European co-operation for Accreditation - a member of International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation
- International Accreditation Service - a subsidiary of International Code Council
- International Organic Accreditation Service
- Analytic Quality Glossary: Accreditation
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|