Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pregnancy options counseling provides information and support for a pregnant woman who is considering her choices regarding the continuation of her pregnancy. Her choices include continuing the pregnancy (toward parenting or adoption) and pregnancy termination (abortion). Pregnancy options counselors strive to present this information non-judgmentally, letting the woman choose rather than the counselor attempting to persuade the woman into a decision. Counselors require up-to-date knowledge of local and national laws governing women's pregnancy choices, especially concerning adolescents and their rights to make such decisions.
Policy and position statements regarding pregnancy options counseling and reproductive health exist for the following professional organizations (among others):
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP): Reproductive Decisions
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Counseling the Adolescent about Pregnancy Options
- Health Care Decision Making for Reproductive Care (AWHONN):
- Abortion & Access to Reproductive Health Services (AMWA):
- Pre-conception counseling
- Abortion and mental health
- Crisis pregnancy center
- List of counseling topics
Family planning and reproductive health