Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Individual differences |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
A. H. Almaas is the pen name of A. Hameed Ali, an author who writes about a mystical approach informed by modern psychology and therapy, which he calls the Diamond Approach. Almaas is originally from Kuwait. He is the spiritual head of the Ridhwan School. Depending on one's perspective, he might be termed, among other things, an Integral Theorist or an exponent of the perennial philosophy.
Almaas' books were for years published through the Ridhwan School under the publishing title Diamond Books, but are currently published by Shambhala.
The Diamond Approach Edit
The Diamond Approach is a teaching developed by A. H. Almaas that shows an integration of a variety of mystical teachings, including Sufism and modern depth psychology. It is described as a synthesis of the spiritual and psychological, using psychological methods and insights to gain understanding of the personality and the ego, with the aim of spiritual unfoldment and integration. For example, the method of inquiry is used to explore aspects of the self. Object relations theory is used to examine the development of the personality and the ego. The Diamond Approach also utilizes the Enneagram, the concept of the lataif (subtle capacities or organs of perception in the sufi tradition), and various forms of meditation.
Diamond Approach work typically involves a combination of group work, one-on-one sessions with teachers of the Ridhwan School, and private Work.
The Ridhwan School Edit
Headed by Almaas and based in Berkeley, California and Boulder, Colorado, the Ridhwan School is dedicated to the teaching of the Diamond Approach. The Diamond Heart and Training Institute (DHAT) is the organization responsible for making Diamond Approach teachings available to the public.
- The Inner Journey Home: Soul's Realization Of The Unity Of Reality
- Essence with The Elixir of Enlightenment: The Diamond Approach to Inner Realization
- Diamond Mind Series
- The Diamond Mind, Volume I: The Void: Inner Spaciousness And Ego Structure
- The Diamond Mind, Volume II: The Pearl Beyond Price
- The Diamond Mind, Volume III: The Point Of Existence
- Diamond Heart Series
- Diamond Heart Book One: Elements Of The Real In Man
- Diamond Heart Book Two: The Freedom To Be
- Diamond Heart Book Three: Being And The Meaning Of Life
- Diamond Heart Book Four: Indestructible Innocence
- Diamond Body Series
- Spacecruiser Inquiry: True Guidance For The Inner Journey
- Brilliancy: The Essence of Intelligence
- Facets Of Unity: The Enneagram Of Holy Ideas
- Luminous Night's Journey: An Autobiographical Fragment